3.5.09

Day 4 - rest day

I am at a bit of a loss to know where to start. Simply because it was a month ago and I am struggling to remember it!

It was a day of catching up with other people and hearing there stories of the 'long stage'. It was interesting to hear how I had missed people who had also bedded down for a while at CP 5 or people who left just before I got there. Crucially, none of our crowd had let it beat them but to be honest I was not really surprised by this. Everyone we had befriended were just brilliant people and were there for the right reasons.....Incidentally, they all kicked by butt.

Today was about having some food and catching up with good mates and sharing my stories and laughing at each others feet. This was punctuated with regular trips to the toilet and man this was painful. Hobbling to the toilets was such an embuggerance and squatting on sore feet was still so painful. Oddly enough, I didn't really think about the fact that I had to run a Marathon through the Sahara the next day. After all that was ages away!

The last runner came in long after dark and controleurs came round the tents ask us to come and welcome him in. I decided against the walk to the finish line and then decided that I really should make the effort (I had heard from previous competitors that this was a really highlight). I attempted the hobble and it took so dam long I missed it. Dickhead.

Anyway I am struggling to remember much more. Sorry guys if I have missed something special.

No comments: