14.4.09

First day of trip....




Despite no sleep the night before flying I had a cracking day travelling to Morocco. I knew I would forget something though and it was whilst eating a bowl of pasta at the airport that I remembered my lucky shorts had been left on the radiator in the Bathroom. Dickhead. Anyway the check in queue looked like a Raidlight convention with everyone carrying the same red and grey backpacks.....this was really happening!! Met up with Charlies mate, Matt as well. Ended up next to another runner from Ireland called Gary on the plane as well and it was clear that this trip was going to be as much about the people I met as the desert.


Getting off the plane was pretty hot and after a tortuously slow wait for passport control to show up and do their job...painful! % minutes of coach ride to the airport and we were at our hotel, the room was fine but the pool area was properly outstanding and I was having some pretty vivid fantasies about being back there in a week and being able to enjoy a cold beer!!

Before dinner we popped for mineral water and attempted a comedy haggle and I suggested popping for sweet tea at a little restaurant opposite our hotel. It went down very well and little did we know that we were going to have ample opportunity to enjoy lots more over the coming days!

Dinner that night was a hefty affair with more new faces and great banter. I think I totalled about 4 or 5 plates of food. Happy days!

No comments: