30.8.07

Day Four


Brilliant felt great today, tonight we are sleeping higher than lava tower (4550m) and still feel great. Met a guide who took a 9 year old up to the summit today! The start of today (breakfast climb) amazing and exhilerating-wish i had got some pictures. In parts we were climbing instead of walking.
Everytime I turned around today and saw clouds beneath me I was surprised-just beautiful. We stopped for food at a camp (4000m i think) and it was unreal! We could not believe it when Mula brought out a big plate of chicken and chips! it was delicious! Unreal!






















Its 8pm nearly and at 12 we leave for the final push! Ring sticker at the ready! about to change batteries in headtorch then try to rest.
Writing from memory some months later I can say that I dont remember actually sleeping much!
The main thing I remember about this day and i remember saying it at the time was that this is what I was expectiung from the trip. Incredible views, sunshine, that feeling of walking in another world. Totally beautiful, the best day so far, easily!

No comments: