4.7.08

Week summary

Sat: 20 mile run
Sun: Strength (upper body, legs and core)
Monday: Rode to work and back and a quick 40min pop at lunch.
Mon Eve: Very gentle ride of about 2 hours
Tue: Cycled to work and hard 3 hours on the bike in evening
Wed: Got drunk
Thur: 10k fartlek running (a very satisfying 43 mins)
Fri: Core work out and 45min fartlek cycling

Monday night is worth an additional note. A friend of mine who is making a fitness comeback came and joined me for a ride. He has decided to take on the monumental challenge of Sleepless in the Saddle (24hr Mountain Bike race). Respect due! Bloody infectious to see someone getting excited about a new physical challenge and glad I could help out in a very small way. The race is just 5 weeks away! Can't wait!

Physio........
Went to see a physio about my calf on Thursday and she was not too worried about it and I received a bit of ultra sound and some massage. Specific stretching was also prescribed. Other than that, I found out a lot more about her life and opinions than I was frankly interested in and would of paid more to leave sooner. Fingers crossed the calf will settle down properly now.

No comments: