5.1.07

Fundraising

I have really been hassling people with email over the last couple of days in a bid to boost the donations. I am really excited about the fact that I went through the £500 barrier, and last night an old school friend, Simon Owers pushed me through the £600 barrier with a donation of £21. (beautiful bit of one-up-manship after his brother had donated £20!).

Upon sitting at my desk this morning I learned that my own Brother had unbelievably thrown a staggering £100 in to the pot. A £100! That pushed me through the £700 barrier and I am sitting pretty (but not content!) on £716!

I am thrilled with this and in particular with the donations from Lisa, Mark and Simon. People, whom I very rarely see and did not expect to receive a penny from. True meaning of charity.

No comments: