29.11.06

Running club

Worked hard tonight. I had enough trouble understanding the training routine tonight so explaining it might be a rather big ask. Particularly good atmosphere though when no one knew what they were doing. Liked that.

Oh yeah did an upper body work out before running club as well, worked my shoulders, biceps, triceps and abs. Abs were actually as little delicate from the long run monday morning so exta core work is def needed.

Basically, we did speed work around a 500 meter lap. Teams of three with two running at any one time. After two laps you dropped off and the other joined in, the idea being you had a fresh pair of legs to chase when you were on your second lap. Get it? No? Oh well this blog is more for me than you so tell me I am an inarticulate fool in the comments and I can ignore you. (no wonder no one visits this blog, I am starting to abuse the 1 or 2 people who actually read this thing).

6.5 miles covered and club went on for a little over an hour.

After running 33miles on Monday morning I am fairly pleased with my performance. I am however a little worried about a pain that developed in my foot. This was about half way through the speed session and I seemed to run it off but when I stopped at the end it seemed to return.

I was desperately keen to say to people; 'I could of course run this faster but I ran an Ultra Marathon on Monday morning.' For once in my life modesty prevailed.

Being able to talk to my daughter on the phone tonight (back from holidaying in India) and having running club has taken the edge off of a truly awful day in the office. Trouble is tomorrow might be worse and I definitely cant run tomorrow as I have not had a rest day since the 33 miler........ Beer and burgers might just do it!

No comments: