5.2.07

First run



Good evening foxy ladies (I wonder if any read this? Ooh actually, I know at least one does) First run since T2T was had this evening and I was mightily impressive. OK, so not really but I felt pretty good and I certainly enjoyed it. I used the notorious hilly lap around town, the one that everyone at running club fears when used for the winter time trial. I did 4 ish laps and it came in at just over ten miles, it took me 1hr 14minutes.

I have only timed myself over ten miles once before (long time ago) and I did that in 1hr 15 over a flatter course. So I guess that makes it a PB. Bravo to me. If I had not had a huge McDonald's at lunch I would of run quicker-silly sod. The other downside though is that (this is disgusting, so stop reading if your eating) where the air is so damp I seemed to breathe in so much dirt that I was coughing up black phlegm when I finished. Smoking probably healthier.

Must write a bit about the bike events that we are planning to do this summer. One is an all night 125mile effort from Hackney to the Suffolk coast. Its called the Dunwich Dynamo and last year over 500 people did it! I found out about it when, last summer upon leaving the pub in one night in July....... 500 people on bikes rode through our town! It looked awesome and this year we will be a part of it! It finishes with a jump in the sea, a fry up and then some snoozing on the beach!
The other is a 24 hour non stop race where you cycle a large lap continuously for 24 hours. I found out today though that it is not quite the case. Well, it is if you enter solo but most people do it in teams and you take it in shifts. Not quite the Ultra endurance event I was hoping for. Still, 4hours on and 4 off will be tough I reckon but if you have a team any bigger than 2 it gets a bit pointless.

Well that is pretty much it for the day other than to say I have found another event I want to run, it is a Marathon starting at 6pm then another starting at 6am the following morning. So basically two marathons in 24 hours.....and its local to me! Trouble is, I plan to spend as much time at the Nurburgring as possible this year and this race is held on the only weekend in July that the 'ring is open all weekend. Decisions, decisions.
The stunning and intimidating 'Exmuhle' or a local Ultra?
Answers on a postcard please!

No comments: