5.2.07

here we go again

A little over a week has passed since t2t and I have taken in a few brisk walks and several quick cycle rides, the weather has varied massively on these and so have ideas about what other events I should aim at. This morning however this idea that I needed something else to aim at really hit me, I definitely need a new focus other than the hardcore cycling events that are planned for the summer. This morning I also started to think about being able to run an Ultra like T2T faster. I know there is a lot more within me and think I might attempt a quick one in the future. These 'what next' thoughts have coincided with me taking a shine to a few road bikes, or racers as we always use to call them.


My elder Brother has always been a strong advocate of road bikes/cycling and whilst I would like one and I love the romance of the Tour de France I fear that I would ruin one. This is more to with the horrific state of the roads in this country and not the fact that I would take a road bike on a half pipe. However, what with summer coming and the fact that I could afford one I am sorely tempted to get one. What is making the decision easy is that some of them are seriously good looking! I mean wow! This coupled with the fact that I now realise my orange Mountain Bike is extremely ugly and the road bike idea becomes pretty intoxicating.



What I am trying to figure is what came first; the desire to enter a Triathlon or the desire to own a gorgeous carbon fibre road bike? Oh no.....I mean, eureka! Just remembered! I cant do a triathlon because the blokes wear those daft crop tops! Phew, just saved my self a pretty penny.


Running. Isn't that a nice word? Well, I have been gagging to get out and run all week. Even the Monday directly after the race when I went for a walk it was all I could do to not burst out in to a trot. By Wednesday I felt totally recovered and all stiffness had passed. However, my sensible head made me hold off from attending running club that night.



I think its all in the mind but as the week progressed I noticed little odd feelings in my feet, or in my knee or under my right buttock. Nothing painful or even uncomfortable just unfamiliar little sensations, I believe that these are/were part of the heeling process and vindicated my reluctant choice to take a few days off from running.







Yes, that is ice on the front of my hat! Riding through cold fog certainly woke me up early Sunday morning.


All pics taken on Saturday (bright) and Sunday Morning (foggy).

No comments: