9.3.07

Commuting rocks

Afternoon. I have not run since last Wednesday, that's 9 days! Lazy swine. However I have not been a complete porker as I have still been strength training most mornings and yesterday was the first day I rode to work! I have just moved to an office set in beautiful parkland surroundings and its just off one of my usual cycles routes! Perfect. A 7 mile off road trail thrash to work every morning.....am I lucky or what! Lets ignore the fact that I need to work harder now.

I moved in last Thursday and owing to sorting a few things out I have not made the most of it but yesterday and today I really have!

Let me set the scene.......You have to cross a busy, new dual carriage way to get on the trail and I do this by way of a big bridge with steep ascent and descent. I am not generally a fan of exercising with earphones in but yesterday I stopped atop this bridge and put my iPod on. Whilst hurtling downhill off the bridge to join the trail with cars to my right and music playing I was smiling so widely I nearly pulled a muscle in my cheek. Oh yeah yesterday morning was also bright and sunny as well. I was thrilled to be alive!

Anyway, must get out for a run this weekend.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: