14.3.07

Sorry, sorry

Firstly my dedicated readership deserves an apology, since T2T I have been very inactive on here and I really do apologise. 2 reasons for this, firstly becasue I have not been doing as much running and secondly my PC is at my new office so I dont sit at home in the evnings updating my blog.

Shame really, becasue I have had some great experiences with this commuting lark! I did not go for a run over the weekend but Monday morning saw me run in to work for the first time! I cunningly dropped my bag containing clothes, lunch etc off at the office when I passed it on Sunday evening. This meant a simple run into work on Monday morning unburdened with a heavy rucksack. It was 7 miles of absolute bliss! Well, that is a little generous......after having not run for a while my legs took a while to wake up but after 3/4 miles I flying along and it was another beautiful morning! The run home with a light rucksack in the evening was a slightly different affair. I had not eaten since lunch and with 3 or 4 miles left I felt so hungry it was incredible. My hands were shaking, I felt light headed and all I could think of was scoffing dinner down as quickly as possible and then going out for a takeaway. Oh how I fantasised about the high calorie options, McDonalds, no no non, Chinese, ooooh, how about a curry but then again a nice greasey Pizza. The thought of all of them was mental torment! God knows how our great explorers, Ranulph Fiennes and Mike Stoud managed for Months in Antarctica.

By the time I got home I felt so empty it was nuts! I felt like a complete wimp because I was so hungry! I have, after all, fasted for 4 whole days before and felt fine - but I did not do any exercise whilst doing that. Dinner that evening lasted a while.....quick banana and a drink on arrival, cold cuts of roast pork (lots), jacket potatoe, cheddar cheese, salad, Chorizo, coleslaw, ham sandwich with proper baked ham/more salad, more cheese with biscuits finished off with apple crumble and custard. Which, in turn, was finished off again with large amounts of Cadbury's dairly milk. Its been a while since I have eaten like that......and I am sure I have missed stuff out!

Tuesday and this Wednesday have seen me cycle in and do my strength training circuit upon waking as well. All I can say is; Man! The weather has been awesome this week and I have loved every minute of riding/running to and from work! really should of taken some pictures! Promise I will tomorrow.

Hope the sun is shining wherever you may be and more importantly you are making the most of it! Get stuck in! Its good for you!

Also, I would like to express my heartfelt and sincere encouragement and admiration to arguably the greatest living Englishman, Sir Ranulph Fiennes. As I write this he is ascending the North face of the Eiger, a challenge of truly epic proportions and risk. Sir, I salute you. Coincidentally we are raising money for the same great charity Marie Curie Cancer Care.

No comments: