15.3.07

Foxy rush hour

Glorious bloody ride in this morning! I only saw one person on the whole of the trail. Such a shame that he was a rude prick who was too selfish to keep his dog under control. When I asked if he was going to do anything about his dog trying to commit suicide under my front wheel I am not sure if he was shouting at me or the dog? Oh well, perhaps I will find out another morning.



But, selfish god owners aside (an abundant breed).....actually lets have a quick rant-its my blog after all. Dogs? Why? I just don't get it. Firstly, you have to spend precious time walking them so they control your time outdoors. Secondly, they produce crap which makes otherwise reasonable people want to stab you. Thirdly, they make your hands smell when you stroke them, fourth they make the owners house smell (for all the dog owners shaking their heads at this....YES! Even your House). Finally, you pay an arm and a leg on food and pets bills. When I have put this watertight case to people they respond with 'but there always pleased to see you'. Three words: get some friends.


Anyway, given that we seem to be a nation of dog owners/lovers I have probably halved my already modest readership, never mind. Frankly if you fall in to the bracket of selfish dog owner I would rather you did not share this adventure with me. Next time your dog jumps up at me or someone else don't say; 'He's alright, he wont hurt you' consider the fact that your dog should not be jumping at anyone with out being invited to do so. Once your dog has invaded my space I will decide whether or not your dog is alright or not. Take responsibility, I am fucking furious with you that I have to spend my time cleaning my trousers because your dog is 'alright'. Instead of telling me it's 'alright' how about you apologise profusely and decide that in the future you will keep your dog under control like the law suggests. Perhaps if you are reading and you are one of the people who does not clean up after your dog I sincerely hope you come across an otherwise reasonable person who wishes to hit you with a blunt (or sharp, I'm easy) object. You disgust me.

OK, so I promised you some pictures but I am little annoyed because I nearly captured the best blooming picture ever this morning. A Fox ran out in front of me and ran along in front of me for a few seconds. I scrambled to get the camera out as quickly as possible but gloved hands were not terribly conducive to the task and I missed the moment. So, with camera back in pocket I carried on riding and the little blighter teased me by jumping out again! Yep, missed it again. It had such a big bushy tale as well! I know they are viewed as a pest to many and for all I know this might be right but I was thrilled with my encounter this morning.


A rather negative blog this morning but trust me I am in a good mood, how could I not be when I have started they day with a wonderful bit of exercise in the sunshine?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would not want to be that fox if he jumps up on your nice clean trousers.

Bruce said...

An amusing point. The truth is though I am invading his world and if one jumps at me or even bites me he is probably entitled to do so. I doubt my sweaty leg would taste that good though!

Thanks again for reading.