16.5.07

Its a dirty job....

Those of you who have read my entries moaning about our canine friends will know that this blog is not always positive. And I want to have a small moment of self pity once again.

Goddam mud, gravel and flies are really aggravating me at the moment. Its not that I mind getting dirty because I really don't its just all the extra washing and cleaning that you have to do. Not just clothes but the shower gets filthy as well and you have hose and oil the bike every day and yadda yadda yadda. The thing that is really annoying though is the dirt and gravel that is getting in my shorts and underwear at the moment. Really, really p*ssing me off. Last night I literally had about 4 or 5 big pebbles in my Bum crack and that was in addition to the usual dust and gravel. I am being serious! I have re-fitted my rear mud guard to see if this helps.

I think I need to get some of those cycling shorts with a really high back, with braces like dungarees. Bib shorts I think they called. That should fix it.

Fly's seem to be committing suicide in my right eye ball with shocking regularity at the moment as well. Gravel seems to be a problem in this area too. I want to get some of those clear safety glasses but I would feel like a bit of a prat wearing them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to wear goggles mate!