20.5.07

Sunday

Daughter was ill this weekend so she didn't want to travel to Dad's-the cheek of it makes me shudder. Don't worry next time I see her she is grounded. God I miss her.

So, whilst I missed her I have been really rather productive. In fact, I am sitting at the office right now and have been getting some work done. Those little things that make all the difference, the things you never normally do-planning, mostly! I did the same Yesterday (lots done!). Then came the really important stuff....... checked out some great video's on Youtube, downloaded some music, updated the iPod (that I never use). Amazingly I did not force my self to go out drinking 'because I could'. Bravo.

Anyway, exercise; Hard and fast 7 miles on Friday night, Sat night (last night) did a steady 14 with rucksack on and first thing this morning I did a very challenging 6 miles-then hit the weights as my upper body has gone to ruin. The Idea being to start preparing for the next race that has a leg at night then first thing in the morning.

It served as a big wake up call! The steady 14 was tough! I have done this 14.25mile lap a few times lately and loved it. I have been running it quickly with no weight on my back and no fluids to carry around. Too be honest the steady plod method took a lot more out of me. Strange. But a vital call to arms. That said, after a stiff and tired start, I surprised my self with the six mile blast first thing this morn!

On top of all this I have ridden into the office and I am about to leave......a rich, heavy and fatty roast dinner has got my name written all over it. Might even have a splash of plonk with it.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

No comments: