5.5.07

Update

Running club on Wednesday night was the first time we used the 'summer lap'. Its bang on 5 miles and its pretty much the route that taught me to love to running when I was in my mid teens. Out in the countryside and past some beautiful lakes. It shares about 80% of my standard 6mile/10k route.

I think and I am not 100% sure on this but I believe I ran a PB on Wednesday night. By my reckoning I ran 32.59 and as far as I can remember I don't think I have run it in under 34mins. Cycling is obviously helping me out more than I thought because I have been doing very little running lately. Interestingly it was my cardiovascular capacity that was holding me back. At no stage did my legs feel tired, instead I was struggling for breath and feeling a little pukey when I pushed for a hard finish. Interesting.

Anyway, I sit here slightly downbeat because I wanted to get up early do the same 14miles that I did last sat morning but I opted for the soft option and had a lay-in. Tosser. Being a Dad has now taken over the day and its impossible to get out. When will I ever learn?

Have a good bank holiday everyone.

No comments: