5.2.09

it all started so well


I started this blog so well and the last 6 months it has just been just another thing in my life that has been ignored. Oh well, no sense in getting down about it!


Training got way off track towards the end of last year and then, when I actually hauled my arse out of bed for an early morning marathon I fell in the dark and hurt my ankle. I managed 20miles on it but by the time I had finished, it had swollen up like a balloon. I was rather concerned. It was OK though and the physio was not too worried about. This was just before Xmas so I made the most of my inactivity and got drunk for a couple of weeks instead. This was also fine because I managed to pick up a sinus/chest infection which lingered for most of Jan! Happy days.


The fear was really descending on me and I knew I had to get a Marathon under my belt to push some of the fear away. So, on Sat 24th of Jan I got up and ran just over a Marathon with my rucksack on. I felt great! How could this be? I should be dying! I concluded that the chesty/sinus thing had been dragging be down more than I had realised and it must finally be out my system. By the time Monday came round I felt 100% recovered. No stiffness, no fatigue. Nada. So I did some cycling, core work, some upper body work and hill sprints throughout the week and ran another Marathon on sat 31st of Jan. Once again I had my rucksack on and this time I did it in around 4hrs 15mins. Once again I felt great and come Monday I felt 100% again! The run hurt a bit more but who cares? Its the recovery that is going to be all important.


So, after that it has all been about sledging in the snow with my daughter! What with all the falls and knocks and throwing snowballs I was more stiff than I was from running a Marathon. I am just not as young as I was!


Anyway, if anyone still reads this then please, please donate a few quid through the link on the left. Over and out.
I would like to make it clear that in no way do I endorse Obama, even though I have stolen his ad campaign. He will not gain my respect until he sponsors my sorry ass!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: