11.12.06

And another thing

Whilst out on Friday night I met a couple of people who claimed to be very into there health and fitness and clearly enjoyed talking about it. 'Great' you might think but sadly, no. Strangely they both assumed that I had no interest in running/excercise and proceeeded to tell me that I really should work out and maybe even start running. Even more strangely I was modest and did not inform the first preecher that last Monday I ran 33miles before work. I was truly stunned by the way she spoke to me. She said that she ran regularly and I said at this point 'thats great, I love to run as well'. her response was not to question me and figure out if she was looking like a prat by bragging about her incredible fitness...oh no, she looked down her nose at me and said 'yeah but I run 4 miles everyday'. she was clearly very use to people being impressed by this and it was a full gone conclusion that I would be as well. Strange. Like I said, how I did not bite is a bigger mystery than how this person became such a wally.

The second fitness guru did get told I ran 33 miles last Monday and this left him speechless. Pretty much did not even know that humans could do this. With so many people competing in amazing events (way beyond the plodding I do) I cant believe people dive straight in with both feet and assume you are obviously not up to there high standards.

I am sure most people who exercise are not this annoying, hopefully I am only annoying in other ways.

Random quote time:

'Enjoy your body every way you can, dont be afraid of it or what other people think of it, its the greatest instrument you'll ever own'

Best line from a song ever!

No comments: