20.4.07

New endurance event discovered!

last night saw me tackle my first ever evening of speed dating! let me explain, I got an email on Tuesday from Karen at Marie Curie Cancer Care asking if I knew any single men, as they were short for an event they were organising. So I though; 'what the hell, sounds like a giggle'. I love being right.

However, after about 3 or 4 'dates' I was starting to wonder if I would last the distance. A few more and I was starting to lose my voice! The upshot of it all was that it helped bolster my faith in lady kind. I think that almost without exception everyone I met seemed really, really nice. I would definitely make friends with virtually all of them. Great evening.

So, given that this is not about running why am I writing this? Well, the organisers were kind enough to let me appeal for donations a couple of times throughout the evening. The 'crazy Marathon Guy' even got asked to draw the raffle, I felt quite special! I was surprised when people actually seemed to be writing the web address down, so when a couple of Girls I had just dated started handing me money I was literally shell shocked. I promised a mention to them on the blog-wish I could do more, but here goes.....

HUGE THANKS TO VICKY, CATHERINE, JODIE and LAUREN. Genuinely surprised by your generosity and I am sincerely grateful. I have emailed Karen at Marie Curie this morning about how best to add it to there/my account.......in hindsight I should of just given it to her last night. By that time I was not really thinking straight though! Like the title suggests, I think I have discovered another ultra endurance event.

I am not sure if I said I would log the amounts on my blog or not so, just so you can be sure that I wont be spending your money on a trip to Rio it will get added to the 'offline donations' on my Justgiving website just as soon as Marie Curie let me know the best way to get it all logged. Here it is:

Vicky £2.50 (your a hero! if only more people did this I would be cruising)
Catherine £10 (wow!)
Lauren £10 (wow!)
Jodie £20 (HOLY COW!)

Pretty much speechless, thank you. Oh yeah, not to forget my partner in Crime, Greg.....he was splendid enough to donate another £50 yesterday! What a guy, I hope lots of ladies ticked his box! If not, whats the matter with you?!

No comments: