17.4.07

Young at heart

Remember that song by the Bluebells? Hated it, but both seem pretty relevant today, firstly because after reading a great book about an Ultra Runner it reminded me of some great exercise memories. In particular whilst I was still at school. Winning the 800 and 200m on sports day with all the school cheering and running around the school field in sunshine with friends. I had forgotten just how important running had been to me then, great to reminisce.
Secondly of course because of the bluebells I photographed yesterday morning whilst cycling to work. Beautiful.
My great friend Charles Stockford ran his first Marathon on Sunday in sunny Canberra. He managed the blisteringly quick time of 3hrs 26mins and said that it was an awesome experience. I bet it was! Running a sub 3.30 on your first attempt is no small achievement! Well done dude.
I had got out for a run on Sunday morning for the first time in ages and thank goodness I did, I would of felt like even more of a loser if Chaz had called with great news and I had not even broken my recent exercise drought! I also got out for a good hard hour on the bike in the afternoon and it all felt great....apart from the fact that it reminded me how stupid I have been to lose all my hard won fitness. Yesterday I also cycled to and from work (40mins each way) and went for a 30 min run after I got home as well. One of the reasons I was fired up was because yesterday afternoon I entered another Ultra.......and its only a couple of months away. Yikes.
The Night & Day marathon series is organised by the same people that did Tring2Town and basically consists of running 2 Marathons in 24 hours. You start one at 6pm and then start the next at 6am the following morning. Its local to me as well. Result!
Anyway, sorry I have not been doing much lately but I hope that I am back in the groove now.

No comments: