16.6.08

Comments rock!

Cheers Helen and Charlie, gives me a serious boner when people actually comment on ye old blog!

Anyway, it seems that the petrol crisis is deepening and many stations have run dry......only joking people, I am in a much better mood today!

Hokay, so I have had one of those weekends that was way busier than expected. Plumbing emergency upon plumbing emergency and unexpected trip in to London to help my Brother out of a spot. But don't worry I still managed a Run and a Fathers day curry which was preceded by a rather splendid siesta.

Okay running was cut short by the various things going on but I managed to get out for a blast on Sunday Morning. Time was short so abandoned the 20miler idea and thought I would blast out for 50 minutes and then come back again. Got home a lot quicker and was back 1hr and 30 after I left. I reckon I must of done at least a half Marathon. I cant wait to verify the distance on my gps gadget, because that's a pretty respectable time.

One other interesting thing about the run was that I carried a water bottle in my hand and when my arm tired from holding it I would swap hands. In a very real way, this change really seemed to reset my mind and I could stay focused on pushing hard. Is this some kind of left brain, right brain thing where one side distracts the other from the pain and fatigue? Any theories you guys have would be cool! The more ridiculous the better!

Hope you all had a good weekend and did not get burnt in the sunshine! Who would be that daft?

3 comments:

Charlie Stockord said...

THE MALE PENIS ALWAYS HANGS TO EITHER THE LEFT OR TO THE RIGHT (IN MY CASE ALWAYS THE LEFT). THIS SAID, WHEN YOU COMMIT TO TASKS THAT INVOLVE LENGTHY PERIODS OF TIME ON ONE SIDE THE BRAIN FUNCTIONS MUCH BETTER WHEN THE TASK IS PERFORMED EITHER FOR EQUILIBRIUM OR COUNTER BALENCE PURPOSES.... THAT ALL SAID YOU MUST BE HUNG LIKE A DONKEY...

Bruce said...

I have no idea what that means. Especially as i am hung like a raisin!

Somehow, mine points left as well! Small world ay? High five!

Charlie Stockord said...

NOT A SCOOBY DOO LEGEND... I WAS HAVING A MOMENT OF MADNESS...