25.10.06

Frustrations....

Felt a bit heavy when we (running club) first started running tonight. Half hour of fartlek and then some sprint relays at the local Tesco's soon got me feeling perky. I have been worried recently about loosing a bit of outright speed but as soon as I went for my first 50 meter charge I felt really quick. Not leaning back too much, just nice and balanced. Relaxed and light on my feet, I felt great.

Just as I slowed down very gently over another 15 meters or so...Bang! Chronic shooting pain down my right leg. Originating from the top of my leg at the front. Bang in between outer hip area and groin. Adductor type area? (no real idea what I am talking about). Anyway, had to run another sprint but hobbled along at avery modest pace. Then I dropped out and John one of coaches took my place.

I just could not put any weight on it. It was a nervey electric shock type pain. Anyway, I kept it moving and it does not seem too bad. Lots of stretching and there was no pain by the time it came to running home. Does not feel as it should sitting here right now but lets not panic for a couple of days.
Then cycling, good ride but earlier rain meant it was very slippery. Particularly on one sharp downhill section, ay Nick? (See picture of Nick climbing back up hill to reunite himself with his bike). Naturally my first thought was for his saftey or maybe it was; 'why wont the bloody flash work on this camera'.

A short time after this, some farmer type chap pointed out to us that one of the paths we were using was not a bridleway and therefore we should not have bikes on it. When I asked if he wished for us to walk he replied 'no, your alright now'. We both endeavored to be polite to one another but it was hard to take the point seriously when he had driven along the footpath in a 4x4 in order to make us aware that we should not be cycling on it. Still, best not to inflame things and we parted company. After all, he was technically right.

So, running club was average for me because I had to sit out the best bit but I am sure everyone else got a lot out of it. As for the ride, it was great but frustrating because of the interference from the pathway police. I mean really....Its the great outdoors for goodness sakes. Best I don't get started.

Most importanly 2 hours of exercise and fresh air has been achieved when I have been behind a desk all day. That my friends, can only ever be a positive thing, even if it turns out I am injured.

No comments: