19.10.06

Weapons of choice

Why do people run? One of my favorite explanations is because they probably love to eat! Quite true in my case, I eat somewhere approaching twice my body weight in Dairy Milk chocolate everyday. Its true, I am eating some as I sit here at my keyboard.

The real reason though is because you have an excuse to buy stuff! I mean Gadgets that can be easily justified are easily carrying the least amount of guilt. Spend away! Besides they help motivate me as well. Believe me?

My loyal fanbase (thanks Helen) have suggested I get some more pics on here and this is an easy way of doing just that! This might not be what she had in mind but hey I'll get there!

So, first up we have a waterproof and indestructible iPod case (no I am not joking! Mine is in a much more manly shade of black though) These are very hard to get in the UK but let me know if you want one by way of a 'comment'.




My bike, Trek 6500 in orange, the amazing Cateye EL530/LD1000 lights that have just taken delivery of (Like looking at the Sun, seriously).
















Most importantly there are my brilliant Asics Gel Kinsei Running shoes followed closely by the gadget-tastic Garmin GPS Forerunner.




A new windproof is on the way but as far as I am aware that has no buttons, space age cushioning or gears so I might just ignore it for not being any fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fame at last! Thanks mate...!

Blog looking much more interesting now! But you can't run the Marathon de Sables in those shoes now can you?!?!?!??! And how do you stop sand from getting everywhere and chaffing?

Just wondered.

Bruce said...

Now they are questions I am pondering! Should I get some trail specific shoes and get use to them? will I need shoes a size or two bigger to cope with my feet swelling? Hopefully some of these answers will be answerd over the next two yeaars.
Sand will be a problem thats for sure. Some people sew lightweight gaitors to their shoes to lessen the amount of sand that enters there shoes but I think will be case of grinning and baring it. Sand storms are a real pain apparently. Sand will get eveywhere during one of those bad boys and again I guess it will be a case of dreaming about your first curry when you reach civilisation!

Anonymous said...

There is going to be sand EVERYWHERE. And you are going to need a serious amount of factor 60!

I guess you'll have to do some trial beach runs. Now there's an excuse for a holiday!