19.10.06

Running, what running?


Great bike ride with the boys again tonight but it did dawn on me that since starting this blog I have Cycled on three occasions and run only once. I think I might have this wrong way round as most experts will agree that the only way to significantly improve your running is to run.

This is the trouble with not having a training programme to follow, you tend to lose focus but it has got me wondering if I could get away with one long run on Sunday's and then running club on wednesdays. This would obviously be in addition to 2/3 cycle rides a week. Would it keep running related injuries at bay? Or would it mean I am more likely to injure myself during my increasingly lengthy Sunday run?

I am not going to decide until I have done at least one more long run this Sunday. I figure that working on general fitness over for the rest of October will be good for injury prevention and morale as opposed to run after run.

I seem to be forgetting upper body work in all of this though......Mmm.....Stop making excuses Brucey and write the programme out.

No comments: