18.10.06

Wednesday means running club!

Having someone else organising your running is always worth taking advantage of. Along with the variety that it usually offers, running club is always time well spent. Lots of new faces over the last few weeks which is awesome.
The darker nights are definitely upon us now and that restricts us to running around the town and through various housing estates. Great fitness work tonight, all speed sessions of various duration some on the flat some up hill. Performed pretty well compared to some of the new faces which is always pleasing, but I am definitely lacking a bit of raw pace that I am use to being able to turn on. I think is to be expected after training for a Marathon. Perhaps in a couple of years I can try for a quick 100meter time! Perhaps not, I don't think the lycra would show me in a favourable light. Speaking of which, what is going on with male triathletes outfits? Crop tops? Any way, I am straying off the point.

The last of the hill reps brought with them those uncomfortable but satisfying stomach pains that signal a bit of effort. All in all running club went on for a little over an hour and around 5.5 miles was covered.
I even hopped on the bike after that and did the 9 mile loop that I covered last night. Tonight though I covered it in a fairly swift time of 42mins. I would like to claim that this is because the others were not with me to slow me down but more likely that I was scared of the dark and was racing to get home.

So there you have it, after hosing the bike down (do we still have a ban?). I mean, sponging the bike down I am sat here with a bottle of 'Recovermax' and some frustration at my GPS running gadget not working properly. There you have it, now its showertime and then dinner at around 11. Brilliant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A speed session and then a bike ride? You are mad.....!

But then again..... it's nothing compared to 150 miles running across a desert...!!!